About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Cord and I am 22 years old. I created this blog for a class I am taking right now called Introduction to Social Media. I am going to be blogging about interesting things I read about in technology news. This could include new gadgets, computers, discoveries, history, what ever really catches my attention that day.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Toilet Challenge - New Toilet Technology

Technology is a widely used term and Microsoft founder, Bill Gates, will follow it just about anywhere. Recently through the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, a competition has arose for a new technology for toilets to be discovered. Found scavenging [USA Today] and several other sites, there have been 3 very strong competitors for this new wave of toilet technology:

  1. Toilet that produces biological charcoal, minerals, and clean water
  2. Turning the toilet into an electricity generator for local use
  3. A urine-diverting toilet that recovers clean water on site.


This competition is used to help found a greener way of disposing of human waste. This will help the billions of people who use toilets every day. I am down for an upgrade on our current toilet technology; it is about time anyways don't you think? What would your perfect john consist of, green or not?

More information can be found on the Gates Foundation fact sheet: [Reinvent the Toilet Challenge]

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait...especially if that means we don't have to clean them!

    ReplyDelete